March 02, 2014, 09:50:56 pm
  • Prodicheese: Tomorrow is my B-Day!
    March 02, 2014, 03:07:50 pm
  • jonboy: I have to make up 9 days of school in June.. Such a pain ;-;
    February 18, 2014, 06:08:57 pm
    January 09, 2014, 07:34:35 pm
  • Prodicheese: IM BACK BABEH
    January 09, 2014, 06:08:01 pm
  • Bubby: Feels like -40 out today... no school :D!
    January 06, 2014, 08:37:46 am
  • Bubby: *claps*
    January 06, 2014, 08:34:49 am
  • Riot: I finally said something. Yay.
    January 03, 2014, 03:19:54 pm
  • Bubby: Did you ask them nicely to stop? If not, try it. If so, use the Schwartz.
    December 20, 2013, 07:32:16 am
  • Reisses Pieces: The penguins are stealing the food from my fridge again
    December 19, 2013, 08:10:21 pm
  • Bubby: I think I see a cloud, and an airplane!
    December 16, 2013, 07:53:31 am
  • Jam Session: aarrrghggghghhghg. What's up Uberz
    December 15, 2013, 12:12:26 pm
  • Wellesley12: Aaahue.
    December 02, 2013, 06:56:52 pm
  • Shirts: Aaahue.
    November 30, 2013, 06:26:05 pm
  • jonboy: Finally back. Had to get my computer fixed.
    November 15, 2013, 02:36:57 pm
  • The Penguin: not be in DC*
    November 11, 2013, 04:10:24 pm
  • The Penguin: yay i can not be in and use a computer again :D!
    November 11, 2013, 04:10:12 pm
  • Wellesley12: Sorrow is it normal i can't add the server to my favorites even if i take the IP?
    November 10, 2013, 09:09:08 am
  • ‬ ҉ Sorrow-San: I would kill to add this shoutbawx to our Uberz Steam Group page
    November 08, 2013, 05:21:27 pm

Author Topic: Clean Slate  (Read 3385 times)

Offline ‬ ҉ Sorrow-San

• [The Firebreather]
  • Administrator
  • The 1337 users
  • ~Omnomnom~
    • Uberz Homepage
Clean Slate
« on: November 15, 2012, 01:10:59 pm »
Zad, aRcTiC, everyone... It's time to start a clean Admin slate.

We need to upgrade and update everything, we need to fix everything up again and clean this place up.

In short,
-We need to wipe every non-hacking related ban (Pretty much anything not a ban created from the web)
     -We will keep bans of players who where really bad (Can be voted on, I guess)

-The CORE admins need to wipe out the bad admins, and anyone we don't trust. (aRcTiC can make the final call on these things, although it will try to stay a vote)
     -We need to create a Tru ranking system for Admins (See the end of the post)
     -Future Admins must be trusted & liked by most players / other admins (But knowledge of Smod commands will not be required anymore)

-We need to catalog plugins (For easy future updates)
     -In Basic, we find the webpage of all previous & future plugins and keep a list

-Sorrow needs to get off his lazy ass and update the custom plugins
     -Blame My work, its pretty busy here (lol)

-Eventually we need to update the admin menu & make it pretty

-Persuade (Read: Force) aRcTiC to get a paypal or something to use for donating to UbErZ "Funding better server parts"
     -Reward players who donated with something... Maybe find a way to make priority slots (Faster getting in, w/o kicking those already in)
     -And or Colored Names (Idk)
     -Buy system for "Credits / Candy" in the fun servers. (Can still obtain them for free at the same current rate)

-Wipe out the entire Zombie population
     -(Optional) Find a cure for the Zombie Virus

-Make the Trade server ---> Hangout / Idle server (Like it already is! lol )

-Make our forums more popular & Find a way to encode the shoutbox page into our steam community page

-Other stuff may or may not go here depending on the outlook of many if not all players and or admins that currently are or are not living at the time of this message being posted.
If Jesus can walk on water and human's are 78% water...
If i were to walk on someone, would I be 78% Jesus?

Offline aRcTiC

• mentlegen
  • Administrator
  • Its over...
    • UberZ
Re: Clean Slate
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 03:36:20 pm »
Guess its time for a management and structural overhaul.

Only if Sorrow can help more around this time.

I think there are options to void bans made by an admin if they are removed.

Cataloging of plugins can be done in the private forums.

Yes, there are a lot of options in the admin menu right now but is mostly unorganized and a lot unused.

Still hesitant about paypal donations for reasons. Buy system is already on all servers just not advertised.

MvM is getting a bit played out and uses the most resources of the 3.

Time to find or create a better map than trade plaza epic?

Not sure putting shoutbox into uberz steam community page is viable.

Also punkd's affiliated servers are closing shop soon and i would allowed all there active admins to be merged into ours if they individually still want to, while some of them already has.

i can haz achievements?

Offline ‬ ҉ Sorrow-San

• [The Firebreather]
  • Administrator
  • The 1337 users
  • ~Omnomnom~
    • Uberz Homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 06:24:24 pm »
Yes aRcTiC, I plan to be around more often now that things have been straightened out at work for the most part, and I have a steady income. I'm going to overhaul my workstation at work to run everything I need to manage UbErZ related stuff during my lunch.

This list is kinda like a "To-Do" list that I threw together pretty quickly, as I really need to help dust off and get things running smooth again.

I'll start working on the Plugin Catalog next week during my lunch hours for sure, although I am going to need a hand with the custom plugins cataloging (Not 100% sure what ones you created aRcTiC).

And Yeah, cleanup of the admin menu was just a "It would be nice eventually" it really needs an overhaul.

The paypal was just an idea, you could always do a Chip-In or any sort of things, we don't have to have a buy stuff with donation system, it would just be nice that if we do get a system setup we have some kind of thank-you gift that's nothing major.

As Per Moocow, turn the MVM server into a SZF server?
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=156705

I think we should rename the trade server to something more fitting as very few join unless they are inside our group and its not normally for trades :P and maybe find a new map too, there are a few ideas out there.

The Shoutbox on the group page would be awesome but likely impossible (I looked into it already) as HTML & Basic BBC encoding doesn't work on the pages.

As for punkd's affiliated servers, I have no gripes letting those people join with us if they want. I hang out there now and then and haven't really seen anyone with a bad heart.
If Jesus can walk on water and human's are 78% water...
If i were to walk on someone, would I be 78% Jesus?

Offline Bubby

• Uberz Admins
  • Personal Text
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:22:37 pm »
I'd like to throw my ideas around.

First off, if you do decide to get a donator system, some of the regulars would probably donate a little. As for perks, I've got some ideas from other servers (Namely Saxton Hell). These include:
- Tails/capes: Everyone loves everything about them, looking at them, wanting them, it would get people to think to themselves that they've got to have it.
- A back enterance: Helpful, could have a special sound when a donator joins.
My personal favorite: Saysounds. Everyone loves them on Saxton Hell. It basically works like this: a donator says a special word that has a sound connected to it, and everyone (Unless they mute it through a command) hears a sound. It'll attract people who have the $ around.
- Colored Text: Fun to use, grabs people's attention. Lets people know who they should be watching.
And possibly special modded weapons on Ach/Trading servers? That's what I've got for the donator ideas, if Arctic chooses to do it.

I've got nothing against the punkd admins coming in, unless one of them spontaneously combusts. I am not cleaning the chunks.

I liked the map before trade plaza epic (Whatever one that was, lol) but I agree, it should be changed.

Sorrow, I have a zombie making formula, does that help?

And Sorrow, were you saying below that there's a possibility of purging admins?

-The CORE admins need to wipe out the bad admins, and anyone we don't trust. (aRcTiC can make the final call on these things, although it will try to stay a vote)
     -We need to create a Tru ranking system for Admins (See the end of the post)
     -Future Admins must be trusted & liked by most players / other admins (But knowledge of Smod commands will not be required anymore)

That's what I've gotta say. On a side note, I'm not allowed on steam/playing games during the week, excluding Fri afternoons. If anyone wants to contact me, message me on my profile, or wait.
Signature.

Offline Mork

• Resident Alien
  • Administrator
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 11:10:50 am »
early spring cleaning?! LOL! might as well. ;D

and yes, we've got a few refugee's coming 'round from punkd's. :'(